9 March 2008 - Day 1
< Prev Next >

Day one was demolition and assessing the damage.

Shower before I started.

Pealing paint from damage.

The real damage in the utility room, at least the damage I could see

Close up.

After removing the shower.

Water soaked floor and piece of drywall shim.

The major leak.

The second leak. There was actually one more leak in the hot water line I discovered later, but it may have calcified over.

End of the day after removing the drywall damaged in the Utility room.

I need to try to replace the footers and cutoff the studs above the water damage. I think I can do that without have to replace the two walls—the one behind and to the left of the toilet (in these pictures).

The damage here was primarily to the drywall.